Attendance Improvement Coordinator
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 4 £25,743 - £30,198 (Pro rata £22,611 - £26,524 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours a week, term time + 5 days (39 weeks per year)
Closing Date: 26/02/2023
Interview Date: TBC
We are recruiting for an Attendance Improvement Coordinator to join Plympton Academy to promote excellent attendance and punctuality and reduce absence levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to make a difference in the lives of our students and to work within a dynamic and supportive staff team.
What you will need to succeed:
- The ability to work with school and Trust staff, the Attendance Advisory Service and parent/carers to improve and maintain attendance and punctuality.
- The ability to develop and maintain initiatives to motivate pupils to achieve outstanding school attendance.
- The ability to work accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring attendance registers are completed accurately.
- The ability to produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns.
- Confident in liaising with parents/carers regarding attendance and punctuality matters.
- Arranging and conducting meetings as appropriate.
- The ability to undertake home visits as required - Driving Licence Required
- Flexible in providing administrative support and cover within the school office as deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of attendance in schools, monitoring, recording and referral processes.
- Hold good grammar and literacy skills acquired through experience.
- Hold GCSE level English/Maths A-C or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of SIMS software is desirable.
- First aid trained desirable although training will be provided.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton on Tracey.Overton @ plymptonacademy.tsat.uk to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.