English Teacher (Media desirable)
Start date: April 2023, September 2023 considered
We require a talented Teacher of English, with Media Studies to join our English department at The Victory Academy. The successful candidate will be a qualified, motivated and enthusiastic teacher of English with some Media Studies experience who has a positive and open approach to learning. You will join our team of creative and committed professionals teaching Years 7-13, who are passionate about teaching and learning. You will be a strong and effective classroom practitioner with high expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to English and Media Studies.
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed comprehensive school for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. Victory Academy has strong links with the local community, enabling us to draw upon a strong and rich local culture to support the personal development of young people. As a Artsmark Platinum school, we are dedicated to cultural entitlement and opportunity for all young people. We are also an accredited Thinking School.
“The behaviour of pupils is good…. Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Leaders are relentless in setting high expectations about behaviour across the school. Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017
What our Trust will offer you:
• TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
• Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
• Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
• Free parking in our secure staff car park.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
To arrange an informal chat with the line manager of this position please contact the Kealy Davidson.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process.