Head of Chemistry
Holcombe Grammar School are seeking a Head of Chemistry to lead on this subject specialism, supporting the team in implementing an effective Chemistry curriculum from Year 7 -13, ensuring high quality, engaging and fulfilling education for our students. The successful candidate will share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth, and be will be accountable for further delegated responsibilities either within science or at a whole school level.
They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievement and behaviour, who is able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of curriculum development. They will be an aspiring leader of learning who is constantly willing to grasp exciting CPD opportunities and is willing to contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
Applications are invited from experienced Heads of Science who specialise in Chemistry, or experienced teachers looking to progress their career.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Donna Read to arrange an informal conversation about the role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment