History Teacher (Temporary Contract)
Rochester Grammar School are seeking a History Teacher to join their team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for teaching History. Experience of teaching the IB is desirable but not essential.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Science teacher, specialising in History
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Be committed to developing International Mindedness
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.