Learning Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £20,252 - £23,918 (Pro rata £18,028 - £21,008 for hours and weeks stated)- Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days, 39 weeks a year)
Location: Maritime Academy, Medway
Start Date: September 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Learning Support Assistant to join Maritime Academy to provide support in learning to Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work as directed by the SENCO with individual students and groups of students, supporting with the monitoring of progress for individuals. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the Academy and to provide support for colleagues through the enactment of Academy policy and procedure. Supporting colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments.
You will be working in a school with an initial cohort of 180 year 7 students within the first year with successive cohorts joining each year. Our school has been designed to be a carbon neutral build and we believe that we have a responsibility to continue this work to secure the school’s long-term environmental sustainability aims.
Our students will move to the school site in September 2023, for the 2022/2023 academic year you will be based at a satellite site in Twydall, Gillingham (ME8 6JS) This will mean you will be influential in helping mould our new school and build successful relationships with our first cohort of students.
What you will need to succeed:
- Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
- Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
- Effective ICT skills
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community
At Maritime Academy we have great ambitions and we are proud to call ourselves a member of Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are at the beginning of our journey and always growing which means you will be joining us at the most exciting part of our story; The Beginning.
Maritime Academy will continually support and enable the self-improvement of every staff member during their time at our school. We want to provide the very best education for our children and this is attainable only through talented staff capable of rising to these high standards.
At the Maritime, our mission is to offer a unique opportunity to learn in a modern setting with traditional values. Our school will ensure that students are confident, respectful and responsible young people, who are able to face the challenges of modern society. We believe that through our traditional ethos and values, we will create an environment where students are respectful for where they learn, who they learn with and who they are as unique aspirational young people.
What you will get in return:
- Strong links with the local community and other local schools within Medway and Kent
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of staff across our Trust we would encourage you to apply.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Maritime Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.