Learning Support Assistant
32 hour per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus 5 INSET days)
Goodwin Academy are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join their vibrant and engaging, state of the art mixed Academy based in the heart of Deal.
The successful candidate will be required to work with students across the Academy to ensure that students’ needs do not become a barrier to learning and making progress. You will be required to understand individual students’ needs and work with subject teachers so that they can develop learning programmes appropriate to the needs of those students. Support will encompass both in class and through targeted interventions, which may also involve small group work.
What you will need to succeed:
- Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
- Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
- Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
What we can offer you:
- A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Generous employer contribution to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our schools are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Geraldine Baird
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.