Midday Meals Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 1 £18,327- £18,603 per annum (£2,481 - £2,518 per annum for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 5.83 hours per week, term time only
Start date: As soon as possible
Interview Date: TBC
We are recruiting for a Midday Meals Supervisor at Holcombe Grammar School. As Midday Meals Supervisor, you will have the responsibility for the day to day supervision of students during the lunchtime period ensuring a good standard of behaviour is maintained throughout the lunch period.
You will be responsible for the welfare and health and safety of students whilst supporting and contribute to the Academy’s responsibility for safeguarding students
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- To organise entry into the canteen, ensuring a calm atmosphere
- General supervision of students during the meal service
- To organise and supervise the students during their exit from canteen
- Promoting and ensuring good behaviour and encouraging good social skills
- Addressing issues calmly and politely and in doing so, being a role model to the students
- To ensure the safety, and well-being of students, providing support where necessary
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and to observe Data Protection guidelines
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations
- Have good/excellent communication skills in order to build a rapport and relationships with students and staff
- Team player/ flexible
- Committed to safeguarding students
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Donna Read.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment