Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £18,327-21,992 FTE (Pro rata £16,449 - £19,738 for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Start date: October 2022
Closing Date: 11/09/2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are recruiting for an Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist to join The Portsmouth Academy. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist in supporting the Office Manager by providing a range of administrative support and reception service.
We are looking for someone with excellent all-round IT skills and the ability to be flexible. You will provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff. You will have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft 365
- Ability to be flexible
- Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- A good standard of education, including GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above
- First Aid Qualification desirable but essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building. The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a Microsoft Showcase School due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved students who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Sue Wood at the school . We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.