Religious Studies / Philosophy Teacher
Rochester Grammar School are seeking a Religious Studies / Philosophy Teacher to join their team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for teaching Religious Studies or Philosophy. Experience of teaching the IB is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher specialising in Religious Studies and/or Philosophy, who is passionate about teaching and learning, have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills. They will be an Outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievements and behaviour, ensuring that all of our children achieve their very best. They will be committed to developing International Mindedness and to contributing to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School staff are dedicated to our ethos of “excellence for all” and we have the highest expectation for all our learners. We are a proud International Baccalaureate World School. Our students study the IB Diploma at Sixth Form and go on to attend outstanding universities.
"What I enjoy most about the RGS Sixth Form is the support from the teachers and how passionate they are about their subjects". - Mabel, current sixth form student
Rochester Grammar School is a high-performing secondary which is part of the TSA Trust, a family of schools that work together to “improve the life chances”. The school achieved the UNICEF Bronze Rights Respecting School Award in September 2021. RGS is a school where diversity is celebrated as we create a safe and inspiring place for children to learn, where their rights are respected and they are able to develop their talents and abilities to their full potential.
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process.
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.