The Victory Academy require a Science Teacher to join our team of committed professionals teaching Years 7-13. The successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for Science.
The behaviour of pupils is good…. Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
Leaders are relentless in setting high expectations about behaviour across the school. Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed comprehensive school for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. Victory Academy has strong links with the local community, enabling us to draw upon a strong and rich local culture to support the personal development of young people. As a Artsmark Platinum school, we are dedicated to cultural entitlement and opportunity for all young people. We are also an accredited Thinking School.
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified Science Teacher
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong and effective classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to Science
• High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What our Trust will offer you:
• TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
• Excellent CPD opportunities across the Trust, wherever you are in your career.
• Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
• Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
• Subsidised gym membership at our state of the art gym and studios, based at New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
• Nursery provision and subsidised Breakfast and After School Club at one of our local primary schools.
• Comprehensive staff recognition programme.
• Free secure on site parking.