Salary: Pay Scale 2 £20,252 - £ 23,918 FTE (Pro rata to £9,615 - £11,356 for hours and weeks stated) - Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Hours: 20 hours per a week, term time+ 5 INSET days
Contract: 1 Year fixed term contract
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 04/09/2022
We require a Teaching Assistant to join Meon Junior School to support our pupils to reach their full potential .You will pupils access to learning by supervising and assisting pupils (one to one) across a wide range of activities and supported learning activities. To promote the development of the physical and mental well-being of pupils as directed by a teacher.
Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
Your new Job:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- You will assist with the planning of learning activities by identifying and preparing resources required to support lesson plans, learning outcomes.
- Supervise individual or small groups of pupils undertaking teacher–led learning activities by co-ordinating and explaining basic instructions for the activity, adjusting activities within the scope of the lesson plan and learning outcomes in response to pupils’ learning.
- Assisting pupil achievement by monitoring learning against learning outcomes, informing the teacher of progress/problems.
- Be responsible for the preparation of materials/equipment (e.g. books, pencils, art supplies, sort games, AVA equipment) preparing and clearing up activities with the pupils.
- Support the development of literacy and numeracy skills of pupils from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Visits to our school are very welcome and strongly encouraged. Please contact Jan Atrill und.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.