Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 £21,733 - £25,404 for hours and weeks stated (£24,743 - £28,922 FTE inclusive of September Cost of Living increment)
Hours per week: Full time, 37 hours per week. Term time plus 5 INSET days - 39 weeks per year
We require a Cover Supervisor to join The Victory Academy to supervise whole classes undertaking pre-prepared activities provided by a teacher during the short-term absence of a classroom teacher. The successful candidate will be able to motivate and inspire students with a creative approach to problem solving. They will have the ability to work calmly under pressure and to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations. Together with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, they will apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
Other responsibilities include assisting in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the Academy and to provide support for colleagues through the enactment of Academy policy and procedure. Supporting colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments.
“The Victory Academy is a welcoming and caring school. Staff-pupil relationships are strong. This means that pupils recognise that the school has ‘got their back’ and has their best interests at heart, even those who do not find learning easy. Pupils celebrate and respect difference. One pupil summed this up, saying, ‘You can be who you want to be here.'" Ofsted 2023
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.