Head of Computer Science, IT & Digital Learning
Salary Details: £30,863 - £47,182 plus TLR2B £5,070
Required Start Date: April 2024 or sooner
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Head of Computer Science, IT & Digital Learning to join our team at The Victory Academy. The successful candidate will develop and implement an effective curriculum for our students. At KS3, all pupils follow a curriculum of Computer Science, IT and Digital Literacy. At KS4, we offer both OCR Cambridge Nationals Creative iMedia and BTEC Tech Awards in Digital Information Technology.
As Head of Department, the post-holder will ensure continual improvement within the department, with high quality, engaging and fulfilling education for our students that leads to excellent outcomes. They will be a visible presence within the department, seeking the highest standards of teaching, learning and behaviour within the Academy.
“The Victory Academy is a welcoming and caring school. Staff-pupil relationships are strong. This means that pupils recognise that the school has ‘got their back’ and has their best interests at heart, even those who do not find learning easy. Pupils celebrate and respect difference. One pupil summed this up, saying, ‘You can be who you want to be here.’” Ofsted 2023
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
• Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
• Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
• Free parking in our secure staff car park.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefiting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our schools are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Aimee Green