Librarian, Literacy and Reading Coordinator
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 (Term Time plus 5 days)
About The Role
We are seeking to appoint a Librarian, Literacy and Reading Coordinator at The Victory Academy, to provide administrative support for key areas of the Academy’s work including the library; work experience; trips and other enrichment activities. The successful candidate will also develop the use of technologies to support and enhance teaching and learning with a specific focus on literacy and development
The Librarian, Literacy and Reading Coordinator will work closely with senior leaders in developing high quality, targeted intervention to support students in literacy and reading. They will build and coordinate a team of subject literacy and reading leads, ensuring best practice across identified the curriculum.
“The Victory Academy is a welcoming and caring school. Staff-pupil relationships are strong. This means that pupils recognise that the school has ‘got their back’ and has their best interests at heart, even those who do not find learning easy. Pupils celebrate and respect difference. One pupil summed this up, saying, ‘You can be who you want to be here.’” Ofsted 2023
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
• Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
• Free parking in our staff car park
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefiting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our schools are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Aimee Green,