Midday Meals Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Pay Grade 1 £3,443 - £3,590 based on hours and weeks stated (FTE £19,774 - £20,619)
Hours per week: 7.5 hours per week, term time only
Start date: ASAP
We are recruiting for a Midday Meals Supervisor at the Victory Academy. As Midday Meals Supervisor, you will have the responsibility for the day to day supervision of students during the lunchtime period ensuring a good standard of behaviour is maintained throughout the lunch period.
You will be responsible for the welfare and health and safety of students whilst supporting and contribute to the Academy’s responsibility for safeguarding students
Your new role:
- Organise entry into the canteen, ensuring a calm atmosphere and supervise the students during their exit from the canteen
- General supervision of students during the meal service
- Promoting and ensuring good behaviour and encouraging good social skills
- Addressing issues calmly and politely and in doing so, being a role model to the students
- Ensure the safety, and well-being of students, providing support where necessary
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and to observe Data Protection guidelines
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations
- Have good/excellent communication skills in order to build a rapport and relationships with students and staff
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…”- Ofsted
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If this role isn’t right for you but you would be interested in hearing about other roles at The Victory Academy and across our Trust please visit our careers site to join our talent pool.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, visit our careers site to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.